Welcome to the News Editorial section of PackerChatters.com where you will find Green Bay Packers news updates throughout the year. Packer fans editorial's, pre and post game reports, draft talk and more.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Aaron Rodgers could be one of the best Packer first round selections of all time.



by Mark Quarderer
PackerChatters Staff

I think that Aaron Rodgers may turn out to be one of the best Packer first round selections of all time.

Going into the draft, I really thought they needed to take a QB on the first day, but I didn't think that Rodgers would be available so I was looking more at guys like Orton, Walters, Frye, and Greene.

But Rodgers fits the bill for Green Bay. He's a good runner, he's careful with the ball, he's smart, and he plays his best in big games. In short, he's everything that we currently lack at that critical position.

I don't know what his learning curve is and I don't know when he'll be ready. I do think that he's going to be allowed to develop at his own pace, which means he won't play until he's ready. It also means that when he's ready, he'll play.

This is a hard concept for a lot of people to wrap their minds around. It seems to be taken for granted here that Favre gets to play for as long as he wants. I would submit that is probably not 100% true and correct.

If Rodgers is the guy TT wants to build around, and if Rodgers is ready to play in the opinion of the coaches, then he's going to play. When that happens is anybody's guess.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?