Welcome to the News Editorial section of PackerChatters.com where you will find Green Bay Packers news updates throughout the year. Packer fans editorial's, pre and post game reports, draft talk and more.

Friday, June 17, 2005

5 things I think I think, 2005 Packers



by Mark Lawrence
PackerChatters Staff

1) I think there will be several surprises on the DL. About 1, maybe two of these surprises will be positive. The rest will be negative.

2) I think TE is a dying art. I think the unfortunate truth is we have decent TEs by current standards. This is almost criminal given how important Chewy was to Favre.

3) I think Slowik was undermined by Schottenheimer, let down by Franklin, and second guessed by Sherman. I think McKenzie's attitude and Jackson's injuries and Hunt's very existence also dealt a near-killing blow to Slowik. I think Carroll's pig-headed unwillingness to listen to coaching was the last straw. I think the Archangle Michael would have failed in those circumstances.

4) I think our running game will be just fine. It will be a bit different, but it will be just fine. More power runs off guard, fewer pulls and sweeps is what I'm thinking right now. I imagine a rotation where we use different OL alignments depending on the play. This will telegraph what we're running. So what. Lombardi did. Cowher does. Sherman has for a couple years with the U-71 package. I think we have the talent to say "Here's what we're running, it's up to you to find a way to stop it."

5) I think Sherman will not be offered an extension until at least October. I don't like this, it's just what I think.

6) I think the Queens will start fast and, come november, fade faster. I think the Bears will disappoint their fans. I think the sun will continue to rise in the east.

7) I think Carolina is going to win a bunch of games, mostly ugly. I think Philly is 'way overdue for some massive injuries. I think the Steelers are going to look real good. I think Dallas and Washington are not as good as everyone would like to believe. I think the Colts will score about 600 points and still get railroaded in the post season, where it's defense (except for the Rams, once only.) I think the Pats will not three-peat. That will remain the exclusive property of the Packers.

Whoops...that's seven!!


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?