Welcome to the News Editorial section of PackerChatters.com where you will find Green Bay Packers news updates throughout the year. Packer fans editorial's, pre and post game reports, draft talk and more.

Thursday, April 07, 2005

GREEN BAY PACKERS MOCK DRAFT



by Patty
PackerChatters Staff


ROUND 1 PICK 24:

The Green Bay Packers lost out on a player they really wanted and were presented with a deal with the Browns who wanted Burnett real bad

** Green Bay now has 3 selections in round 2:


ROUND 2 PICK 34 JUSTIN TUCK DE

My thinking here is simple. He has improved and is still improving and is good. He knows how to play and plays hard. Has good moves to the QB but can also stop the run. Good instincts. Good use of hands. Needs some refinement an could get a bit stronger but he is a player who wants to be good.

ROUND 2 PICK 51 BRANDON BROWNER CB_S OREGON STATE

Okay I know a Mike Sherman type of player with a lot of upside and promise and not production. Browner is a good player with good smarts and above average quickness. Do the Packers move Thomas to safety or do they convince Browner that S is his spot? The thing I noticed about Browner is that he takes good angles to the ball and is in on a lot of plays. A good tackler and makes good decisions.



ROUND 2 PICK 58: CHARLIE FRYE QB AKRON:

Defense defense this team needs defense and yet I am taking a QB. What can I say? I like this QB. I think Mike Sherman and Ted Thomson do as well. I know many draft sites think the Packers select him with pick 24 but I think they are going to gamble on Frye being there at 58. They may take him at 51 but with Browner still on the board at 51 I had to take the tall athletic DB. I do think the Bronco�s are interested in a QB but I believe they like Campbell more.



ROUND 3 PICK 67: DONTE NICHOLSON SS OKLAHOMA

I know the Packers need a MLB or OLB but sometimes you just have to take the best player on the board which in this case was Nicholson. He fits a need as well. Nicholson is a guard dog type of defender and you might call him the enforcer. Good speed and quickness another player who takes very good angles to the ball and seems to be in position to make a lot of plays. A punishing tackler as well. Does not have the instincts of Mark Roman or Brandon Browner but he makes good decisions on the field.



ROUND 3 PICK 89: ALFRED FINCHER MLB CONNECTICUT

I believe the Packers have 5 MLBs in mind for pick 89 (Mitchell, McCune, Morrison, Fincher & Seward) and they watch as most of them go off the board. Lance Mitchell and Robert McCune I believe were their targets. But Fincher is pretty good consolation prize. He moves well in trash and has a good short area burst to make plays. Strong player.



ROUND 5 PICK 143: DARRELL SHROPSHIRE NT SO. CAROLINA

There were several directions I could go and while I do not consider this a need area I just happen to like this player�s desire and play. With Washington and Peterson why would I take Shropshire? You can never have enough DL.



ROUND 6 PICK 176 ZACH TUIASOSOPO FB WASHINGTON

Started as an OLB and has played only 2 years at FB so he is still learning. Sometimes makes the wrong decision in running and does not have quick recognition skills. But he plays hard, runs hard North & South type and is a pretty reliable receiver. A very good blocker.



ROUND 6 PICK 180: ROB PETITTI OG/T PITTSBURGH:

A very competitive player who plays with the nastiness required of OL. Has problems with his weight and when he gets over weight he becomes slow and ineffective. Still when he is in shape he is pretty decent player. Strong and good footwork. Slides well and has good extension. I think he might make the move to OG and become a fixture like Rivera was I believe this player when he stays in shape is a round 3 type of player who slid far in the draft. If he is sitting there in round 6 Green Bay should not hesitate.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?