Welcome to the News Editorial section of PackerChatters.com where you will find Green Bay Packers news updates throughout the year. Packer fans editorial's, pre and post game reports, draft talk and more.

Thursday, November 04, 2004

To All the Non-Wisconsin Packer Fans



by goat317
for PackerChatters

Does it bother anyone else how often the TV announcers talk about the Packer fans at the away games like they all travelled from Wisconsin to the game?

This is NOT meant to be a knock against you lucky people who live close enough to the Pack to be able to see them in Lambeau frequently. We are all Packer fans, and we need to stick together. I am always happy to see another Packer fan, and try to greet them and talk with them about how much we love our team. I have been to Lambeau Field in the off season, and it was one of the great joys in my life. I hope to go to Green Bay next year to see a regular season game.

But my point is this. The Packers have fans all over the country, actually all over the world. I have seen them play in Baltimore, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and now Washington. Almost every Packer fan I've met at these games are from the local area, not Wisconsin. Although one of the Steeler fans was originally from WI--traitor.

I think that is a great testiment to the tradition and history of the Green Bay Packers. We are Wisconsin's team, no doubt. But we are more than that. We are the World's team. (I don't want to use that America's team stuff.)

It just seems to me that NFL announcers making that much money to cover a game should do their homework before they talk about all the fans coming from Wisconsin to Washington. To those of you that did, I admire your dedication to our team. But most of us were local schmucks who finally got a chance to see our team play where we could see them in person.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?