Welcome to the News Editorial section of PackerChatters.com where you will find Green Bay Packers news updates throughout the year. Packer fans editorial's, pre and post game reports, draft talk and more.

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Maybe Favre should take a leave of absense...



by packdaddy
for PackerChatters

First of all, let me preface this by saying I have no idea on earth what is said around the kitchen table of Brett or Deanna Favre. I can only view things from the standpoint of what I would do if I were in their shoes. I'm certainly not suggesting a course of action for them.

If I were Brett Favre (if only, huh?), and my wife were diagnosed with cancer, regardless of the prognosis, I would want to be with her through that journey. It would trump my desire to journey through a football season with my buddies. There are just higher priorities in life. There's more to life than football, obviously.

So, as a Packer fan first, and as a Favre fan second, if he held a press conference tomorrow and announced he was taking the rest of the year off to be with his wife, I would applaud him. Of course, I would hope he would also say he would come back next season with a vengance after his wife was well. He's done enough for this team, our state, and myself to earn my applause. Heck, even if he hadn't, his wife still takes a higher place than a team.

I'll go as far as to say that Favre SHOULD do this. But that's just my opinion. Who knows, maybe Deanna wants him to keep playing as a way to keep normalcy or a way to honor her. I don't know. But if it were me...


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?